Tinder has banned
In a statement sent to HuffPost on Sunday, a spokesperson for the platform confirmed Zimmerman’s account had been deleted.
“At Tinder, we take our users’ safety very seriously and our team has removed this profile from our platform,” the representative said.
The app also works on ensuring user safety with the Match Group Advisory Council, a group dedicated to fighting sexual violence. The council, as the name suggests, is
Its aim is to seek guidance from experts, such as #MeToo movement founder
In the past, Zimmerman has faced
Screengrabs published online last week by
“I’m also down for a quiet night with Longhorn takeout,” his bio read.
Tinder isn’t the first dating site to reject Zimmerman ― he was also kicked off Bumble earlier this year for the second time,
“George Zimmerman was blocked and banned in December 2018 when we first discovered his profile and we have blocked and banned him again after we were informed by our users that he had created a new unverified profile,” a company spokesperson told the newspaper.
Zimmerman, now 35, became the focus of national notoriety for
The case seemed to many a classic example of racial profiling. But Zimmerman claimed self-defense and argued that the shooting was justified.